Thursday, September 21

Tyne Daly scrubbing internet of her image.

New York, NY — (FP) Googlers searching for any visual evidence of actress Tyne Daly will end up disappointed with their results.

The actress is forging an amazing one-woman effort to erase her virtual identity from any website, blog, or image library she encounters.

"I've had it with this internetting." Daly said via phone from her home in Danbury, Connecticut. "Who really needs to look at me, anyway?"


Daly's suprising candor continued. "Really. I'm nothin' special. I ain't so kosher on the peepers anymore, if you know what I mean."

She's also refuted claims that she has hired an army of hackers, paid to inflitrate websites and delete her image from any subdirectories.

"It's basically just me, here at home, in the den. Since Judging Amy got shit-canned, I've had more time on my hands to do my own bidding." Daly continued. "You'd be surprised at what you can do with a good modem and some hardcore warez."

Best loved for her work as Cagney on the eighties-era CBS detective drama Cagney and Lacey,the Tony award winner is dilligent in her pursuit of an internet without her picture.

"I don't care if they mention my name or anything, I just don't want to hit a page, and see my ugly mug staring back at me. That's creepy."

Then again, maybe she was Lacey. Without Tyne Daly's presence on the worldwide interweb, we'll never know.