Tuesday, March 9

Area midget keeps low profile.

Chillicothe, OH - After leaving the scene of an accident that left two people dead, area midget Thomas “Squeaky” Fromme, 42, is now hiding out in the apartment over his parents’ garage.

“I am not!” Fromme denied, when reached by telephone. “I’m … I’m on vacation. Yeah. That’s right. I’m out of the country on business and … I don’t even know when I’ll be back. Besides, what’s this ‘hit and run’ you speak of? I haven’t the slightest clue what you’re taking about. I don’t even have a car. I drove it into a lake last night-I mean I sold it to a guy by the lake last year.”

When we wondered aloud how we could reach Fromme out of the country by dialing the number listed for the apartment over his parents’ garage, he replied, “Um …” before abruptly hanging up.